We are going ahead with the plan to automatically resolve some old UNCONFIRMED bugs. We will be taking the first step (issuing the warning) on the morning of Sunday 10th April, UK time (the middle of the night in the US).
This idea has been discussed previously on this blog. We’ve managed to address the major issues raised in that discussion; we’ve got a new EXPIRED resolution in Bugzilla, the language of the comments has been improved, and we’re excluding bugs with the ‘testcase’ keyword. I’m open to further suggestions, as long as they don’t delay the process. In the end, even if we can’t get it 100% right, the pros outweigh the cons.