If you are lying in bed at night, with the room lights off, how many different lights on how many different pieces of electronic or electric equipment can you see?
Here’s my list:
- ADSL router: 6 green lights
- Wireless access point: 3 green lights
- Monitor standby: 1 yellow light
- Charging phone: 1 red light
- Laptop battery light: 1 green light
- Printer: 2 green lights
- Music player, charging: 1 blue light
- Music player charger: 1 red light
- 3-way socket: 1 orange light
- Subwoofer: 1 green light
- Clock radio: red LED numbers (don’t count) + 1 red alarm light
Total: 11 devices, 19 lights. I guess it helps that my computer lives in my bedroom, and that it’s the communications hub of the house. Can you beat that?