My last blog post looked at what winning (and losing) might look like.
So now we ask: how do we win?
Key points and aspirations from Brendan’s talk:
- Open web apps – cross-platform and cross-renderer
- Multiple competing app stores
- Distribution deals for Firefox on Android
- Boot to Gecko (a complete OS stack)
- Firefox Home everywhere
- Not rewriting Firefox on top of WebKit
- High-quality Firefox on iOS (either in the store or not)
- Focus on ARM performance
- Firefox on Windows Phone 7 as a native app
- Fixing lock-in wherever we go
Game on! :-)