On February 27th, I blogged my intention to produce a 5-minute Popcorn short on communications in Mozilla. I got most of it done before other exciting events intervened (3 days early :-) so there has been a small delay but now I have a version 0.1 to share with you. Please comment with improvements.
It has a number of known issues:
- The voice-over is a bit pedestrian in tone
- Needs a better video to demonstrate IRC (ideally of Mozilla IRC)
- Needs a better video to demonstrate Vidyo (currently using a section of a weekly meeting, which isn’t really Vidyo)
- Some screenshots contain mouse pointers
Feel free to remix it and fix any or all of these things; that’s the beauty of Popcorn Maker!
While making it, I found several bugs/made several suggestions for enhancement in Popcorn, which were gratefully accepted by the developers.
- Times are wrong in the UK (now working for me)
- Media clips that are HTML5 Audio are treated like video
- HTML5 videos should not have a minimum size (Minimum size is necessary for YouTube, but not for proper HTML5 video)
- Grumpy Johnath shows up when not wanted
- “Credits” double quote icon overlaps presentation content
Yay for open source :-)