People were asking about the relative magnitudes of movements between products. This is somewhat relevant to the component reorganisation, although we’re not planning to do that until after 1.0. Still, here’s everything above 100, cleaned up to merge the Phoenix, Firefox and Firebird products.
|Browser||PSM||1328||(I think PSM split from Browser)|
|Webtools||Bugzilla||1961||(Bugzilla was created from Webtools)|
|Browser||Tech Evangelism||4568||(Partly creation of TE)|
So some conclusions, then:
- Even accounting for the original creation of Tech Evangelism, loads of TE bugs get misfiled. Hopefully, the new “report a broken site” webtool will help a lot here.
- Three times as many Browser bugs get misfiled in Firefox as Firefox bugs in Browser. This is to be expected – people file it in the product they know.
- Thunderbird hasn’t been around long enough to get that much data (it’s actually 50 MN->T, 99 T->MN, roughly in line with Firefox).
- The MailNews/Browser split is about even.
- Quite a few bugs are, or have been misfiled in the Bugzilla component. Recently, there’s been a big warning on the product selection page; it would be interesting to see if that’s made a difference.