Version 0.8 of the Bugzilla REST API has been released.
People deploying installations of 0.8 against their own Bugzillas should take note of the “Upgrading” section below.
New In 0.8
- Use quicksearch syntax on the /bug search call with the parameter “quicksearch=
- Non-ASCII bug data now works in more places (hopefully everywhere)
- /configuration data is now cached and you can asked for the cached version if performance is more important to you than freshness; see
- Bugzilla 4.0rc1 now fully supported
- “is_url” support for attachments has been removed from Bugzilla, and so from BzAPI (including against older versions of Bugzilla). BzAPI will emulate the backwards-compatibility behaviour of new Bugzillas when it encounters attachments which are URLs.
- On the Comment object, “author” is now “creator”, to match a change made in the Bugzilla XML-RPC API for version 4.0.
- Versions 0.6.1 is now no longer available on the api-dev server.
Upgrading Your BzAPI
BzAPI now comes with the patches necessary to install it, in the /patches subdirectory.
Those upgrading from pre-0.8 to 0.8 will need to:
- Update their Bugzilla to the latest point release of their stable
- Update their copy of $BUGZILLA_HOME/template/en/default/config.json.tmpl from that in the /patches directory
- Apply a patch (xmlrpc-fix.diff) to their copy of BZ::Client’s Client.pm if they want bug submission with non-ASCII values for e.g. summary to work.